The monthly Sunday cycle rides programme, Cycle Rides for All, is back for 2015.
Cycle Rides for All is launching on Sunday 29 March with a three and a half mile Lichfield taster ride setting off from Beacon Park.
This event signals the start of free monthly cycle rides that take place towards the end of the month, from March to September.
On top of rides to the National Memorial Arboretum, Fradley Junction and Fisherwick Lakes, this year’s programme also includes a taster ride round Chasewater.
The rides are graded from level 1, which is suitable for beginners, to level 4, which is for more experienced cyclists.
Debby Whiting, from Freedom Cycles, said: “We’re really pleased to be starting the Sunday cycle rides later this month and hope plenty of people will join us for the first one of the series.
“We do a quick safety check of all the bikes before setting off, to make sure they are roadworthy. We also recommend that safety helmets are worn and that you bring a packed lunch and drink, although we do have a café stop on most rides.”
Anyone who wants to join the Lichfield taster ride should turn up with their bikes at Beacon Park in Lichfield on Sunday 29 March at 11am. This ride is graded level 1, which means it is suitable for beginners. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
To see the full Cycle Rides for All programme, please visit www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/cyclerides
To find out more, or to check whether a ride is taking place if the weather is uncertain, please call Freedom Cycles on 01543 411633 or Karl Sproston at Lichfield District Council on 01543 308846.
Cycle Rides for All is run in partnership by Lichfield District Council, Freedom Cycles, Bromford, North Lichfield Initiative and Lichfield City Council.
Cycle Rides for All 2015 programme
• Lichfield taster ride (3.5 miles/level 1) on Sunday 29 March, meet at Beacon Park at 11am
• Fisherwick Lakes (8.5 miles/level 2) on Sunday 26 April, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am
• Tour de Lichfield (9 miles/level 2/3) on Sunday 31 May, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am
• Weeford & Packington Moor Farm (23 miles/level 4) on Sunday 28 June, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am
• Chasewater taster ride (6 miles/level 2) on Sunday 26 July, meet at Burntwood Library at 11am
• National Memorial Arboretum (15 miles/level 3) on Sunday 23 August, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am
• Fradley Junction (12 miles/level 2) on Sunday 27 September, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am